The 2016 Summer season has now come to a close in Yellowstone. We would like to thank everyone for using GeyserTimes. It is because of the people that enter data that makes this project as valuable as it is to the entire community.
Attached is a summary of the data that the community collected during this last summer.
2016 Summer GT Stats
Thanks for making GT what it is today!
What is this? Unlabeled axes make it more fun! It has to do with the most famous geyser in the world… Discuss.
Electronic eruption times have been posted to GeyserTimes from the Summer 2014 season. Thank you to Hank Heasler for providing the temperature logger data.
Data was downloaded on Oct 30 and 31, 2014 for the following geysers:
- Great Fountain
- Little Squirt
- Old Faithful (thru Sep 16, 2014)
- Spouter (data received, E times not yet calculated)
Unfortunately, data is not available for the following geysers:
- Lion (unknown logger failure)
- Grotto (destroyed due to moisture)
- King (location not suitable, did not registered observed eruptions)
- Riverside (thermistor and logger failure)
We’re working on improvements to GeyserTimes to allow the visual exploration of electronic temperature data from both the YVO and NPS Geology department along with a whole slew of other changes. The expected release date is pre-Jan 1, 2015.